Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with information and services provided, The Village Mission may collect personally identifiable information if you choose to subscribe to our newsletter or make a donation, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone number
If you donate, The Village Mission collect information necessary to process payment through check, wire, or other methods. This information is only used to complete the transaction and is not kept on record.
We do not collet any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to interact with us. This may include: (a) signing up for a newsletter; (b) donating funds to help us with our services; (c) contacting us from the “contact” website page. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
The Village Mission collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
The Village Mission may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other services available from The Village Mission, or to provide updates to you regarding our progress.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The Village Mission does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
The Village Mission may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange other services based on your requests. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Village Mission, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Village Mission may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law of comply with legal process served on The Village Mission of the site; (b) protect and defend the rights and property of The Village Mission; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Village Mission, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Village Mission. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Village Mission website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to rad the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
The Village Mission secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Village Mission uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy or any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain expectations set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service provides to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information of it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Village Mission does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, The Village Mission may contact you via email for the purpose of providing information, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Village Mission, you may opt out of such communications by contacting email@example.com.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
The Village Mission welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Village Mission has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The Village Mission at:
The Village Mission
11654 Plaza America Dr #904
Reston, VA 20190
Effective as of August 23, 2022